Project Associate – Full-Time
Location: Lexington, KY | Louisville, KY
EOP Architects is an award-winning architectural and interior design firm with offices in Lexington and Louisville. The firm is a design-focused culture centered on a passionate belief that architecture has the responsibility to inspire, transform and provide iconic, cultural, and environmental value. We exist to design environments that enhance and inspire.
We are looking for creative, motivated, and curious design talent with a passion for architecture and the built environment. We are offering a position within the architectural team for an individual who will work under the direction of experienced design staff on a variety of project opportunities. If you have a passion and a desire to exercise your demonstrated design skills, we are interested in talking with you.
- Produces design drawings and construction documents, presentation drawings, graphic design work, and digital models.
- Collaborates with the design team for generating and developing design ideas.
- Works with team members from concept design through construction administration.
- May attend field site inspections, which frequently involves a physical walk-through of the site.
- Attends and actively participates in project team meetings.
- Represents EOP Architects professionally in all client communication, engagement, and interactions.
- Is self-directed, takes initiative, and seeks thoughtful solutions for design execution.
- Demonstrates motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Is energized to create something new every day and eager to collaborate in a team environment.
- Assists in planning and conducting work, making minor adaptations and modifications to complete working drawing set(s) as instructed.
- Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, technical issues.
- May prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and builds models for client/project team review.
- Working knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Thorough knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Proficiency in Revit required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as Sketchup, Rhino and Grasshopper not required but beneficial.
- Working knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Strong presentation, graphics, and organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture; Bachelor/Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- 3-5+ years design experience preferred, with relevant experience on multi-phase projects in healthcare, mixed-use, civic, government, K-12, and/or higher education.
Please Apply by Sending the Following to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
EOP Architects is a drug-free workplace. EOP Architects is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.